Therapy Dog - 1 - Pilot Therapy Dog - 1 - Pilot

I haven't watched a flash cartoon on newgrounds in years. Happy to see TN is still uploading. Light my hands on fire more ye old salts. Still funny.

Green Lovers Green Lovers

"www.ifuckninjaturtles.uk’s server DNS address could not be found"

What are you trying to do Romeo, pull a fast one on us? I'm subtracting points for using a fake url, giving you bonus points for rotoscoping inconspicuously, minus a few points for what I'm assuming is a pedophilic joke, bonus points for tastefully censoring that young boys willy, another bonus point to throw off the haters.

I think that adds up to five stars?

Zelda Milk Zelda Milk

I masturbated the entire time. Best yaoi I've seen all day. Why wasn't it longer?

Super Numarary Super Numarary

LOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOP...

Oh hi Atlas Falling Down. Fancy seeing you here. Thanks for using my music, no one ever does. I was beginning to think my music was too weird for everyone. Great game chocks ^o^

Super PSTW Action RPG Super PSTW Action RPG

epic lulz.

Pretty good game. I can't stop playing it. I keep getting stuck at that sword fight though. i'm not fast enough for that shit. make it easier.

Fly Away! Fly Away!

holy shit :)

At first I wasn't sure if there was a point to this game and I'm still not sure if there really was but I LOVED the style man. The music which you forgot to credit was really nice too. I didn't recognize the piece but it sounded like Debussy? Go edit your flash to include the composer in there man :p

4mlr responds:

I use in game only classic music:
Fly = Maurice Ravel - Menuet sur le nom de Haydn
Fall = Frederic Chopin - Prelude In E Minor, Op. 28
End = Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Rondo in D Major, K. 485

Re:Reveris Re:Reveris

Nice! Never heard the original song but I love Troisnyx. Why not not link to the original track in your description? I love the elements here. I just wish the mix was a little cleaner.

I reiterate a lot of what RealFaction felt. The mix sounds pretty high end. Maybe up the mids on the distortion of that guitar to help balance out those highs? I'd lower the levels on those crash cymbals a little. Crash cymbals take up a ton of space but don't need to be very loud to effect the quality of the entire track. I used to wham on my crash cymbals so much in high school. I've learned to be a littler more conservative with them as my hearing has dissipated over the years. It's a piece of percussion that mixed into something, can be a whisper but still have a ton of presence.

You can improve drum rhythms if you add some variety to the velocity of drum hits. I used to automate the levels on my hi hats to emulate the crescendos and decrescendos of a live drummer. I'd focus on putting that kind of variety into those bass kicks. For those double pedal rhythms I'd use a slightly higher velocity for the first kick hit. It's a small detail but we notice that kind of thing.

Love this track! Could you give me a recommendation for one of your original tracks? I love metal :)

ADR3-N responds:

The original is over in the sidebar, but I could probably drop it in the descrip, sure.

Yes, the mix is super dirty, partly because I only now am figuring out multiband compression can do what an EQ does, but better. Part of the whammed crashes is in the master bus and I'm not sure where that came from but will do. Maybe compress them less and let the room do the work.

Mix is a tad gainy and high. I'm still learning my way around this genre. Coming from swooshy EDM and Trap, you get used to that fizz.

Also, yeah, still getting a feel for kick velocity. E-drums don't have a great deal of sensitivity either. Need a new set.

As for my original tracks, Jesus, they all suck. Old Wounds was fp'ed tho. That's more of a ballad. Venom and Devil in the Mirror are crappier mixed because I'm a noob, but you might dig.

Thanks for the awesome review!

I made this in my sleep. I made this in my sleep.

This is really cool, don't call it garbage. I can relate to your vibe but it's not a good ad strategy. A lot of artists and musicians work in one of two mindsets. Some get super arrogant and think they're hot shit. I suffered from that mindset for a long time. Then you have the overly modest artists that self deprecate themselves into obscurity. You fall into that second category but it's wrong. You've been producing for so long, and you've been consistent about it. Your work is prolific. You have a very unique personality.

This track is really dope and goes to a lot of places. It had two super distinct parts but each motif evolved. The melodies were tight. I loved that reverse drum rhythm. Love it when tracks rubato the tempo... I used to do that in every song I wrote. Must be a bias :]

This has a down tempo Aphex Twin vibe. I want to comment on how much I loved that end but I let it loop too many times. It didn't feel like the end anymore. It's a good loop :D

Father-of-Death responds:

holy shit i do gota stop putting negative comments on my shit but i they aren't some ad strategy thats for sure. I'm going through some dumb shit lately and idk.... and newgrounds feels so dead at the moment yet its the only place that listens to my music so you're right i shouldnt be spamming sad comments all the time it's probably wearing some people out..... i dont even work on songs anymore i just sit down and make little beats/loops and feel like im just shitting out stuff. Just havent been able to focus lately, or ever really....

QUARL YOU ARE AWESOME! :) I'll be more upbeat in my comments from now on.

Sensor Sensor

Edgy and cool! I'm typically far removed from anything "minimalistic" but this was crisp and engaging. I thought some of your decisions were super unexpected. Really creative stuff. You made alot of atmosphere with very litthe. My favorite thing is either that loud breathing pad or that snare. Sounded like a baseball hat hitting homers ^o^

Jassummisko responds:

Oh hey Quarl! I'm happy to see you're still around. Glad you liked it.

Alien Hominid Alien Hominid

This was made in 2 hours? Good job Ivo, loved the color on the background. Alien Hominid doesn't get enough rep.

Somewhere Other Chapter 16-1 Somewhere Other Chapter 16-1

I saw this on the front page, congrats. My only concern though is that this could of had the panel with 98% hips. Missed opportunity. You were so busy expanding background characters that you lost sight of what truly matters. You're lucky Tacker can run things on his own. That robot is adorable.

cecameron responds:

I K N E W I was missing something. I messed everything up, I'm sorry everyone. Tacker needs hips, got it.

Somewhere Other Filler 5 Somewhere Other Filler 5

"Haskel never was one for safety first."

Hence the growth in the last panel. lawls.

cecameron responds:

Just wait till you see some of the trouble he's caused from not being careful. Dudes a wreck.