View Profile Quarl

75 Movie Reviews

lol, was that the theme song to the daily show?

I haven't watched a flash cartoon on newgrounds in years. Happy to see TN is still uploading. Light my hands on fire more ye old salts. Still funny.

"www.ifuckninjaturtles.uk’s server DNS address could not be found"

What are you trying to do Romeo, pull a fast one on us? I'm subtracting points for using a fake url, giving you bonus points for rotoscoping inconspicuously, minus a few points for what I'm assuming is a pedophilic joke, bonus points for tastefully censoring that young boys willy, another bonus point to throw off the haters.

I think that adds up to five stars?

14 Game Reviews

LOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOP...

Oh hi Atlas Falling Down. Fancy seeing you here. Thanks for using my music, no one ever does. I was beginning to think my music was too weird for everyone. Great game chocks ^o^

epic lulz.

Pretty good game. I can't stop playing it. I keep getting stuck at that sword fight though. i'm not fast enough for that shit. make it easier.

holy shit :)

At first I wasn't sure if there was a point to this game and I'm still not sure if there really was but I LOVED the style man. The music which you forgot to credit was really nice too. I didn't recognize the piece but it sounded like Debussy? Go edit your flash to include the composer in there man :p

4mlr responds:

I use in game only classic music:
Fly = Maurice Ravel - Menuet sur le nom de Haydn
Fall = Frederic Chopin - Prelude In E Minor, Op. 28
End = Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Rondo in D Major, K. 485

681 Audio Reviews

A good four and a half minutes. I loved those quirky melodies and squeaky pads. Rhythm section stayed interesting too. Sassy 303 bass at 1:13.

If I may make one critical remark, it felt like the drums could have been way more powerful. Looks like the wave shape of the file has plenty of bass. I don't get the cleanest mix downs but something in this mix is kind of over powering the other instruments. Perhaps more emphasis on a punching drum kit might drive this better. Whats the bpm?

Good Thor I love that piano at the end. BRING THAT FORWARD. It's so soft. I want to hear those sweet jazzy melodies but my ears are old and wrinkled.

Great track, one last question. Was that sudden end meant to loop around? :)

Chron sent me here.

I've been dropping you reviews because I've really been enjoying the stuff your putting out. I figured you'd be ok if I spoke my mind and said "not this time."

Artists can't always pound out killer stuff. Some of my favorite tracks from Noisia's Split The Atom EP were the shit tracks thrown in to fill catalog. Every now and then an artist needs to go out of their comfort zone and just upload something stupid like Rebbeca Black's "Friday" reversed under distortion and a ton of reverb. Rig once uploaded a sound bite of himself brewing coffee. When you've established yourself, you have some leeway to shit post.

This track however is way better than a shit post. You put some thought into it, I can hear it. I really liked the instruments. It's the drums that turned me off. This could be a really chill DNB with the right drum kit and a slightly faster BPM. Hell, with that same kit you can keep the BPM and make this drum step.

I have a lot of respect for artists that push their boundaries and experiment. I might not like this track but I can see what you're doing and I can respect it. Now take this song file, delete all the midi in the sequencer, and make something better out of the synths ;)

27 Art Reviews

No joke, every lesbian romance movie or tv show I've ever watched featured a bisexual girl engaged to a dude who falls in love with a butch which forces her to choose between the dude or the girl. Cliche as fuck, glad you also noticed how corny GLBT media typically is. Sure, the stereotypical American narrative might have made more sense a decade or two ago but this generation is moving on. I think producers need to explore normal GLBT relationships more often instead of portraying us all as confused and conflicted because we are most certainly not.

Woo! Ten years is a good amount of time to take a break from drawing. I open my sketch pad once a year and basically cry into it.

This is flipping dandy. I love this.

Atonal rhythmic noise.