View Profile Quarl

65 Movie Reviews

This cartoon was such a good surprise. I'm glad you got a front page spot for this. I laughed. I cried. Thank you for pulling this project together, all of you people.

It should go without saying, making clothes out of someone's friends is wrong.

Art at its finest. Ya'll should be proud. My favorite part was when they kissed.

14 Game Reviews

LOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOP...

Oh hi Atlas Falling Down. Fancy seeing you here. Thanks for using my music, no one ever does. I was beginning to think my music was too weird for everyone. Great game chocks ^o^

epic lulz.

Pretty good game. I can't stop playing it. I keep getting stuck at that sword fight though. i'm not fast enough for that shit. make it easier.

holy shit :)

At first I wasn't sure if there was a point to this game and I'm still not sure if there really was but I LOVED the style man. The music which you forgot to credit was really nice too. I didn't recognize the piece but it sounded like Debussy? Go edit your flash to include the composer in there man :p

4mlr responds:

I use in game only classic music:
Fly = Maurice Ravel - Menuet sur le nom de Haydn
Fall = Frederic Chopin - Prelude In E Minor, Op. 28
End = Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Rondo in D Major, K. 485

627 Audio Reviews

Slick hop. Really tight track. Loved the piano, drums sounded perfect. The video is really chill too. Great work Scyoc <3

DreamEater responds:

Thank you so much Quarl, I mad appreciate the listen and feedback :D

I've been meaning to scribble a review to this. Love the technicality, tonal change ups, and rhythmic fondue. I got pregnant at 4:36.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Aww, why thank you! I definitely played around with this one, and had quite fun doing it :3

Woah boo. That drum kit is so big. I'd say relax a little but getting the drums that big is a challenge in itself. Nice synths too, radical noises. Tight nuerofunk babe (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

30 Art Reviews

Perfect color, tight line work, juicy lighting effects but I'm taking a point off because this is too titillating. I don't come to newgrounds to be titillated thank you.

I'd have put a text layer in the background and just repeated the block of text to create some depth. I'm the kind of ADD junky that needs a ton of stuff to look at. A black background is too plain for such a colorful drawing :p

This is my favorite princess so far. Great illustration. Color is dynamite. Surreal coins dropping in from nowhere. Nothing is too titillating. Perfect drawing. Was satisfied.

Some input if any, this could go with some text or a "1-up" hiding in the background.

You could hide the "1-UP" in the background with a masking layer, have the text layer sit on top of the pink background. Start typing with a large, bold font, and transform the size and/or perspective of the text or characters. My second or third year at Alfred Uni had us play with text in design. The class didn't have a real design artist and was taught by my Sound Art professor. He was constantly stoned. Font can be a pretty universal creative tool. In no way would this make your drawing any better, I already said it was perfect.

Just tossing an idea at you :)

ShinsukeIto responds:

Thanks for taking the time to review!

I do appreciate your input - you may possibly see more text in my future artworks :)

Love the colors. Made a surprisingly good wallpaper for my android ^o^

Atonal rhythmic noise.