View Profile Quarl

65 Movie Reviews

This cartoon was such a good surprise. I'm glad you got a front page spot for this. I laughed. I cried. Thank you for pulling this project together, all of you people.

It should go without saying, making clothes out of someone's friends is wrong.

Art at its finest. Ya'll should be proud. My favorite part was when they kissed.

14 Game Reviews

LOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOP...

Oh hi Atlas Falling Down. Fancy seeing you here. Thanks for using my music, no one ever does. I was beginning to think my music was too weird for everyone. Great game chocks ^o^

epic lulz.

Pretty good game. I can't stop playing it. I keep getting stuck at that sword fight though. i'm not fast enough for that shit. make it easier.

holy shit :)

At first I wasn't sure if there was a point to this game and I'm still not sure if there really was but I LOVED the style man. The music which you forgot to credit was really nice too. I didn't recognize the piece but it sounded like Debussy? Go edit your flash to include the composer in there man :p

4mlr responds:

I use in game only classic music:
Fly = Maurice Ravel - Menuet sur le nom de Haydn
Fall = Frederic Chopin - Prelude In E Minor, Op. 28
End = Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Rondo in D Major, K. 485

661 Audio Reviews

Loved that bass triplet at the beginning. Really sassy track-o-roni. Smooth AF jazz waltz, consensual 3/4 segment 26 seconds. I'd introduce this song to my parents.

sorohanro responds:

Your review is a masterpiece of literature and music theory combined. Thanks for making my day.

Yo these lounge beats are fire. Enchanting melodies, sassy piano textures. That break down at 1:22 was ill son.

Holy cow, you've been uploading a ton of great material this year. Been holding on to it all this time? Where do these ideas come from?

DreamEater responds:

Man thank you so much for all the support Quarl, I can't tell ya how much I appreciate it.

The first 10-15 tracks or so were some old ones that I had stocked up but all the new lofi/trap/vaporwave projects have been done in my new studio :'). I've been listening to a LOT of Chillhop and Lofi in the time I was unable to write, so a lot of my inspo has been drawn from that lately. I really want to give future funk a try but idk if my body is ready.

33 Art Reviews

At first I was only going to give you 2 and a half stars. I was all like "the fuck is this shit? A pair of legs and a man thong?" Then I realized I needed to scroll up and look at the entire drawing instead of just half of it.

Perfect color, tight line work, juicy lighting effects but I'm taking a point off because this is too titillating. I don't come to newgrounds to be titillated thank you.

I'd have put a text layer in the background and just repeated the block of text to create some depth. I'm the kind of ADD junky that needs a ton of stuff to look at. A black background is too plain for such a colorful drawing :p

This is my favorite princess so far. Great illustration. Color is dynamite. Surreal coins dropping in from nowhere. Nothing is too titillating. Perfect drawing. Was satisfied.

Some input if any, this could go with some text or a "1-up" hiding in the background.

You could hide the "1-UP" in the background with a masking layer, have the text layer sit on top of the pink background. Start typing with a large, bold font, and transform the size and/or perspective of the text or characters. My second or third year at Alfred Uni had us play with text in design. The class didn't have a real design artist and was taught by my Sound Art professor. He was constantly stoned. Font can be a pretty universal creative tool. In no way would this make your drawing any better, I already said it was perfect.

Just tossing an idea at you :)

ShinsukeIto responds:

Thanks for taking the time to review!

I do appreciate your input - you may possibly see more text in my future artworks :)

Atonal rhythmic noise.