View Profile Quarl

70 Movie Reviews

Another year, another adorably animated look at these two protagonists. The style is so clean and colorful. Well thought out pastels. Voice actors continue to deliver an emotional story. Thank you again for giving me the chance to produce something other than EDM, always a pleasure Garden :D

Bleak-Creep responds:

And thanks again for your contribution to it too! Your music really adds some much needed punctuation to all of the emotional beats to the story.

I accidentally watched the credits twice. Left the animation during the credits, then came back to rewatch the credits just to make sure there wasn't an after credit animation. You also thanked Tom Fulp twice, COINCIDENCE? Maybee.

I have the fullest of respect for the humans that stayed on their potato phones and Black Berries. Don't tell boyfriend, I use an Android to run google fi services :'C

Loved the Ego Raptor vibes from the character drawings!

GrayAnimations responds:

Lol. I think bf has an android himself but is ashamed of it

16 Game Reviews

WOOHOO, game works :)

This is my first robot day sub I'm looking at, so technically you're # 1 as of this review. I recognized all that Pixel Day music, I roll hard with the NG music scene. I don't know much about coding games but for a small game it's fairly well done. The art is adorable and fits the holiday. If I remember correctly there weren't many games produced for Pixel Day. Sometimes you can nab some decent Newgrounds prizes when you get low turn out for certain genres of content. This definitely doesn't come off like something that was rushed but I'm curious what you would do if you put more time into it?

I was initially confused by that small portal at the end of each lap. Since you can program it to enlarge once a certain parameter is met, maybe that initial portal could be replaced with an arrow? I kept jumping at it trying to activate it and got a little confused when rolling to the right sent me back to the beginning. I reread the directions and made a few assumptions to compensate for my confusion. Also, it's a little sad that the portal doesn't immediately enlarge once you get enough swag. I ran out of time having to complete another loop :'C

Love the work you put into this and good luck with RobotDay Chdonga!

*furiously starts searching the reviews to see if ninjamuffin99 commented*

Jack responds:

no he hates us and our game

LOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOP...

Oh hi Atlas Falling Down. Fancy seeing you here. Thanks for using my music, no one ever does. I was beginning to think my music was too weird for everyone. Great game chocks ^o^

936 Audio Reviews

Classic jungle, lush instruments, funky breaks. Sub bass is perfect. The whole track is mixed perfectly. I might crave some more mid freq drum kit punch but I have a bias for louder drums so you can choose to ignore me and keep grooving.

Woof, this one hits hella hard. Love the style and groove. I get the feeling that the mix is a little dry, you have a lot of elements coming together to make a wall of sound. I'll totally forgive any issues with the mix because everything else is perfect.

If you want some ideas for the mix let me know and I'll send you a PM. I get the feeling there isn't a whole lot of panning but with some pro tips this stereo field can be a lot more dynamic and face melting :3

SPURME responds:

YES SEND :D and thanks !

I am going to remix "You Are Filled With Determination" and there is nothing you can do about it.

EDIT: actually... there are several things you can do about it but please don't D:

70 Art Reviews

My word, art from Apollonia Saintclair wholesome enough for the front page.

"SPAM!! It's pink and it's oval, SPAM!! You buy it at the mobile, SPAM!! It's made in Chernobyl, SPAM!"

It's an old song by a ska band called Save Ferris. I've been learning how to cook with Spam lately. Pork fried rice, yum 😋

Gorgeous robots, the rusty colors are really well done. Even the chipped paint is absolutely lovely. The wires splay about nicely. I'm not sure what the circle/square double border does for me, I might have preferred just white negative space as if this were a panel in a comic book. Sorry, these are the ramblings of a crazy person. I must return to my planet now.

I have mixed drinks about feelings.

Cory F. MacNiven @Quarl