View Profile Quarl

All 16 Game Reviews

5 w/ Responses

WOOHOO, game works :)

This is my first robot day sub I'm looking at, so technically you're # 1 as of this review. I recognized all that Pixel Day music, I roll hard with the NG music scene. I don't know much about coding games but for a small game it's fairly well done. The art is adorable and fits the holiday. If I remember correctly there weren't many games produced for Pixel Day. Sometimes you can nab some decent Newgrounds prizes when you get low turn out for certain genres of content. This definitely doesn't come off like something that was rushed but I'm curious what you would do if you put more time into it?

I was initially confused by that small portal at the end of each lap. Since you can program it to enlarge once a certain parameter is met, maybe that initial portal could be replaced with an arrow? I kept jumping at it trying to activate it and got a little confused when rolling to the right sent me back to the beginning. I reread the directions and made a few assumptions to compensate for my confusion. Also, it's a little sad that the portal doesn't immediately enlarge once you get enough swag. I ran out of time having to complete another loop :'C

Love the work you put into this and good luck with RobotDay Chdonga!

*furiously starts searching the reviews to see if ninjamuffin99 commented*

Jack responds:

no he hates us and our game

LOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOPLOOP...

Oh hi Atlas Falling Down. Fancy seeing you here. Thanks for using my music, no one ever does. I was beginning to think my music was too weird for everyone. Great game chocks ^o^

epic lulz.

Pretty good game. I can't stop playing it. I keep getting stuck at that sword fight though. i'm not fast enough for that shit. make it easier.

holy shit :)

At first I wasn't sure if there was a point to this game and I'm still not sure if there really was but I LOVED the style man. The music which you forgot to credit was really nice too. I didn't recognize the piece but it sounded like Debussy? Go edit your flash to include the composer in there man :p

4mlr responds:

I use in game only classic music:
Fly = Maurice Ravel - Menuet sur le nom de Haydn
Fall = Frederic Chopin - Prelude In E Minor, Op. 28
End = Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Rondo in D Major, K. 485

That was very informative.

Now teach us how to use garage band.

Nav responds:

penis

lol!

I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that you used my song for this. I can't wait to show my girlfriend :P

Awesome game :)

"A super amazing special thanks to the artists who submit their music to the audio portal. I have a crush on all of you."

I speak on behalf of the AP...

We love you too.

Great tutorial...but what about cs3?

New flash is out, and I'm a little iffy about a few things in it...in anycase, this is a decent tutorial with some nice substance in it. I hear the kids like to learn about action scripting...ar. The layout was really nice here. Pretty colors. I would recomend this to a flash newb, but I don't think there is enough information in here to really teach him anything he could learn in any of the other tutorials out there. You did state that the tutorial didn't cover everything, when it reality, it barely covered anything. Just the key basics.

I'd say the most useful section of this tutorial was the tips section. New flash animators should really take note of al that, because it's extreamly true. Overall, it's obvious that you put alot of work into this, and the basic substance of your tutorial by no means reflects your abilities. You did a good job.

Splurgle responds:

I actually put nearly no work into this. I just typed a lot and made a pretty layout. This was for my friend who just recently got flash, and I just wanted to do something special for him.

Dane Cook is the man.

I love Dane Cook, and I laughed, but this isn't much of a cartoon. Oh well. Im still giving this a really good score.

Meaningfulness managed in a not so meaningful manner makes meaninglessness.

Cory F. MacNiven @Quarl