liquid messabout liquid messabout

Awesome old school vibe. This takes me back to some of the sounds that came off of the Violence label. Gridlok and Hive <3

AeroMusic responds:

yess its nice to see someone know their dnb round here :P I've got such a love for that era
happy you enjoyed it mate

Night of the Living Dead Night of the Living Dead

First dubstep? This is a really good start. Loving it. Those drum samples are surprisingly full. Nice work with them. A few things for your next outing...

1) Motif. There really wasn't one. The track started out on a bassline and it just maintained the same energy level through out. A pad could really help add some atmosphere to your music. Be it a string orchestra, a soft saw wave, a synth chorus. The possibilities for pads are limitless. They add character and depth to a track. Without those few background noises you added this track is predominantly just two instruments. Add some more textures! Drop a few more voices in there :)

2) Rhythmic variety. That beat got a little stale after a while. Drop some drum hits in new places, add a fill at the end of a measure, add some tambs or some toms. You kind of changed the beat at 00:42 but then it went right back to that hip hop beat. "New" beats don't have to be vastly different. Just, add a kick or two to the "old" beat and it will really add some dynamic changes you may not have been expecting.

I saw your thread in the audio forum. I'm not aiming to hurt feelings when I leave reviews like this. I really just want to see people improve and get better. I've seen so many artists come and go over the years but it's always fun to notice the progression that happens to the ones that stick to it as time passes. Keep on keeping on, you have some serious potential! Loving it :)

Down Down

It's always fun to hear producers fuggin around. Those filtered bass sounds had some nuero funk to them. you familiar with nuerofunk at all? It's an off shoot of drum and bass and something tells me you might be a shoe-in for that genre :)

Cool sounds :)

wiseyoungfool responds:

Thanks man! I do know neurofunk and it has definitely influenced me when making this :] dnb is the shit! I have a few more songs in the works that are even more neurofunky than this one and I'll definitely be uploading them as soon as they're done

track - 53 track - 53

That intro had a lot of atmosphere. Good work there. Really unique breaks chopping into things. They were kind of jarring though. I could really see this going in a few different directions. Truth be told, with some really intense drum programming this could make a really slick IDM. As it stands right now, the drums could use of fuck ton of work.

I came for the atmosphere. I stayed for the atmosphere.

Phractle responds:

Ah yeas the amen mincing machine. If i were aiming for breakcore I would definitely have made the break beats break more.

Throw Me to the Wolves Throw Me to the Wolves

Catchy, well recorded, production 100%

There's really nothing wrong with this track. That vocalist has some Sublime tenor to it. The resemblance is uncanny. The track also has a hint of Radiohead in there. I have nothing constructive to say about this. Fucking amazing job stud :)

camamassa21 responds:

Thanks for the review! You are too kind :)

King Of Dragons (Snes Remix) King Of Dragons (Snes Remix)

Love that hip hop kit. It's always hilarious to hear completely different styles have to fight for attention. SNES vs Hiphop xD

This isn't a critical review but I just noticed... this melody reminds me of a song from Skies of Arcadia. Someone... help!

Pioneer Pioneer

I loved it dude. You could stand to master your tracks a little louder though. I had to squint my ears to hear a few notes :p

Really cool track to listen to. It's always fun to hear artists evolve and I hope you keep exploring! This is fun track to listen to :)

Fuzzy-L0g1c responds:

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you liked listening to it. :)
I basically rely on Logic Pro's ability to automatically normalize a track to the typical loudness, but I think I contrasted the volumes too much so that the beginning is too quiet while the loudest part is just semi-loud. I'll have to look into it because I've always ignored that part of mastering.
Thanks again!

track - 19 track - 19

Really nice atmosphere and kick drum! Really nice use of effects. I might have automated some reverb onto those drums every now and then to help add depth but it's not like you didn't use it at all. Minor creative differences :)

That snare drum was super thin. I'd have had a layer of mid in there or boosted the mids some. I'm a compression whore when it comes to drums so might advice might be biased but hey; do what makes you happy. In any case, pitch bend that snare from time to time. Change up the drum textures and samples to help add character to the over all rhythm. Some tambs might have added some nice color!

Great track. don't mistake my crit for a harsh review, I liked it. Keep on plugging away dude :)

Phractle responds:

With pinpoint accuracy!

Agoraphobia Agoraphobia

Laid back atmospheric drums, sexy piano melodies. This could really be used in a number of medias as back ground music. It actually reminds me of Metroid Prime. Good stuff man. Your compositions have really progressed. I used to be impressed with your atonal experimental dubstep work but I'm loving this melodic vibe you've gotten into. Keep pumping out the feels <3

Music to pwn your old lad Music to pwn your old lad

Wait, you've been uploading music here since 2005 and I'm just now noticing you? Da fak, where have I been?

snoballandthmonyshot responds:

don't know.
i didn't really make a dent around here. had a couple of front pages. i rolled with king bastard, pitbull jones, sinerider, wintang, ljcoffee, cebster and erlie.
good chaps.
will check some more of your stuff soon
px