Be a Supporter!

QuarlQuarl

Main News Movies Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 175 Fans

377 audio Reviews with Responses

Music to pwn your old lad Music to pwn your old lad

Wait, you've been uploading music here since 2005 and I'm just now noticing you? Da fak, where have I been?

don't know.
i didn't really make a dent around here. had a couple of front pages. i rolled with king bastard, pitbull jones, sinerider, wintang, ljcoffee, cebster and erlie.
good chaps.
will check some more of your stuff soon
px

happy quarl (dslm) happy quarl (dslm)

I wish I had this kind of work ethic these days. Really loving what your doing with the midi file <3

snoballandthmonyshot responds:

i ain't done anything new for months, 'long 14' was a salvaged old tune. thank you for forcing my toe back in the pool. and yeh, been looking to stick that oliver twist tune in a tune for moons haha.
good tidings
px

bring me the head of kim kar bring me the head of kim kar

That was some really cool idm. Curious, what tools are you using? DAW, samples, synths the like? Really, I loved that aphex twin vibe you had going <3

snoballandthmonyshot responds:

hey chap, glad you enjoyed it.
yeh, the break that plays out at the end and overlaid in the intro is a loop named 'aphex break' from a sample pack so... I use ableton live. drum rack for drums there, mixed down then re-sliced and diced. synth a saw wave in operator. is some live then sliced clarinet near the beginning, live then sliced saxaphone near the end. the bass is just a couple of kick drums looped then pitched about for the mid bass stuff with a sub with operator here and there to bottom it up. then a bunch of wierd samples and that.
thanks for listening

danger 8-bit danger 8-bit

What program was this? For future reference tell NG users what program you were using, what synths you used, what midi files you used, BPM, anything.

People will leave reviews and try to help. In time you'll learn. You just have to help us help you :)

vixuzar responds:

PXtone as a sound compiler and SFXR as a sound designer and i don`t actually know what was i doing back then i was just running through a sound layer to another a building stream`s mindlessly
and thank`s for the review

atomsmasha - sh0ckwav atomsmasha - sh0ckwav

I threw this onto a CD mix for the car before I gave this a listen. I honestly thought this might be a track I picked up through Diesel Boy. Heavy, nasty, fucking love it to death. Also, I've been blasting Tuff Sick full volume. I kind of just want a loop of the Fred Durst part so that I can play over and over and over again. I want to share my favorite part of that song with everyone in my hometown! Everyone should listen to your music.

jarrydn responds:

aw :3

you're ridiculous

thank you so much. i'm really bad at taking compliments but thank you <3

Leon Kennedy voice demo Leon Kennedy voice demo

Fun recording to stumble on. I've been sampling the merchant from resident evil 4 in my tracks lately. "WHAT ARE YOU BUYIN?"

Nothing. I just stopped by to say hi and leave you a crappy review. Nothing will be purchased.

Wegra responds:

Well your rating makes it a passable review :P

Mihai Sorohan - Dopamine Mihai Sorohan - Dopamine

I loved your synths, really awesome variety in them! Help me out, I forget what program your using? Drum kit was kind of flat for a dubstep track. I'm not sure how you go about things but when I'm making a dance genre I always nail the drums before doing anything... actually, that standard holds for 100% of the things I play with. Drums first! Fatten that snare up :3

Cheers Soro!

sorohanro responds:

There were at least 3 drum sets there :( I guess I just don't know how to drums.

The main DAW is MuLab, but the drums were some DrumCore + some separate kick and snare + the room and overheads from some rock kit from ezDrummer.

Thanks for review, highly appreciated.

Kill the Cagemaster! Kill the Cagemaster!

Damn this is some old school techy stuff. Love that dark atmosphere. Synths and pads were really cool. Only thing about the track I disagreed with was some minor EQ of the snare drum but it seems like everyone has their own snare preferences these days. Who am I to judge? Good work S3C!!

S3C responds:

thanks buddy

Demon Crypt Demon Crypt

I could hear that sexy kit through that filter in the beginning. Nothing gets my heart beating like a good old fashioned 170-180 BPM DNB rhythm melting into a track. Track had a really airy liquid vibe to it. That bass/pads were a little lo fi/uninteresting to me but they reminded me of some of the old moving shadow mixes done by Calyx. Google: moving shadow 05.2 to see what I mean. Loved that mix :)

This tracks all about that up tempo rhythm and it feels satisfying. Love it!!

S3C responds:

thanks man...ahh I think I understand the similarities between Calyx, one of the first DnB artists I heard, in GTA3.

DV - Trauma DV - Trauma

hahaha, classy noises. Loved it. I just wish it went on for a bit longer. Short track.

la-yinn responds:

To be fair, I did want to continue on this one a bit further, a buddy of mine even freestyled some miraculous 'horror hop' lyrics to it when I played it back, but I lost the patches of the intro pads and the weird drop stabby things.. bit of a shame, but I've been working on lots of different stuff and this was a little bit of a joke anyways, there's some better stuff comin

thx for the comment :>