Be a Supporter!

Ruqal

372 audio Reviews with Responses

Leon Kennedy voice demo Leon Kennedy voice demo

Rated 3 / 5 stars June 2, 2014

Fun recording to stumble on. I've been sampling the merchant from resident evil 4 in my tracks lately. "WHAT ARE YOU BUYIN?"

Nothing. I just stopped by to say hi and leave you a crappy review. Nothing will be purchased.

Wegra responds:

Well your rating makes it a passable review :P

Mihai Sorohan - Dopamine Mihai Sorohan - Dopamine

Rated 4 / 5 stars May 27, 2014

I loved your synths, really awesome variety in them! Help me out, I forget what program your using? Drum kit was kind of flat for a dubstep track. I'm not sure how you go about things but when I'm making a dance genre I always nail the drums before doing anything... actually, that standard holds for 100% of the things I play with. Drums first! Fatten that snare up :3

Cheers Soro!

sorohanro responds:

There were at least 3 drum sets there :( I guess I just don't know how to drums.

The main DAW is MuLab, but the drums were some DrumCore + some separate kick and snare + the room and overheads from some rock kit from ezDrummer.

Thanks for review, highly appreciated.

Kill the Cagemaster! Kill the Cagemaster!

Rated 5 / 5 stars May 26, 2014

Damn this is some old school techy stuff. Love that dark atmosphere. Synths and pads were really cool. Only thing about the track I disagreed with was some minor EQ of the snare drum but it seems like everyone has their own snare preferences these days. Who am I to judge? Good work S3C!!

S3C responds:

thanks buddy

Demon Crypt Demon Crypt

Rated 5 / 5 stars October 19, 2013

I could hear that sexy kit through that filter in the beginning. Nothing gets my heart beating like a good old fashioned 170-180 BPM DNB rhythm melting into a track. Track had a really airy liquid vibe to it. That bass/pads were a little lo fi/uninteresting to me but they reminded me of some of the old moving shadow mixes done by Calyx. Google: moving shadow 05.2 to see what I mean. Loved that mix :)

This tracks all about that up tempo rhythm and it feels satisfying. Love it!!

S3C responds:

thanks man...ahh I think I understand the similarities between Calyx, one of the first DnB artists I heard, in GTA3.

DV - Trauma DV - Trauma

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars August 8, 2013

hahaha, classy noises. Loved it. I just wish it went on for a bit longer. Short track.

la-yinn responds:

To be fair, I did want to continue on this one a bit further, a buddy of mine even freestyled some miraculous 'horror hop' lyrics to it when I played it back, but I lost the patches of the intro pads and the weird drop stabby things.. bit of a shame, but I've been working on lots of different stuff and this was a little bit of a joke anyways, there's some better stuff comin

thx for the comment :>

Realisations Realisations

Rated 5 / 5 stars August 3, 2013

At first I thought you meant "realizations." After learning that you can spell that word with either a "s" or a "z" I also learned that it has a musical definition. Fascinating.

Your piece has a way of morphing the beat a little each bar. Love it. Techy, krafty, dancy.At 3:04 your bass sounds like it seriously clips out the audio. Not sure what your intention was there but I'll assume it wasn't intentional. I had to listen to it a few times but all I hear is good ol fashioned too much bass distortion.

Good luck this round dude!

InvisibleObserver responds:

Thanks for the words, and yea I'm a clever wordy-poops. The bass issue is basically a bass issue - I didn't have time in my schedule to mix this down, nor with the doodoo computer that rendered it out in half an hour to be able to spot fix things.

Probably a quick little EQ LP dip on a few channels will resolve the issue.

Luck to you too broheim.

Edit: Maybe worth noting, I wasn't being tongue in cheek with the title, only I worked on and embellished this piece. :P

Ape Tit Djuice Ape Tit Djuice

Rated 5 / 5 stars August 3, 2013

haha, gritty and grimy. Fucking love it. Dillenger meets meshugga meets uhhh... 4/4? dunno. My metal lingo is kind of bare these days but I was digging those syncopated riffs. The solo was water tight too. Coolness :)

Fleshbag responds:

:D Thanks!

A Storm Over Lavender Lane A Storm Over Lavender Lane

Rated 5 / 5 stars August 3, 2013

Loved that piano. I can hear that romantic influence. I never really got too into Debussy but chopins my dog. Really pro use of dynamics in those crechendos/decrechendos. This hits a really good smattering of emotions and themes. Good stuff :)

headphoamz responds:

Chopin Twins, UNITE! YEah dude, but glad you liked it, thanks for noticing the dynamics. Thing was a bitch to mix. :D

Electroboy Electroboy

Rated 5 / 5 stars July 28, 2013

Swwwwwwweeeeeet. Loved that ghenghis tron arsonists get all the electro metal vibe you had going. Wish I had some cans to listen in on. You metal heads typically care more about sound quality than EDM producers :/

Good luck in round one dude!

Lashmush responds:

Thanks! c:

Glitched Glitched

Rated 5 / 5 stars July 28, 2013

Laaaahv. Really intricate drum programing! Cool to hear you coming out with some IDM. You familiar with the flashbulb at all?

Sequenced responds:

thanks for the review :3

and no, but I will look them up.