Be a Supporter!

QuarlQuarl

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 216 Fans

392 audio Reviews with Responses

We Wish You A Merry Star Wars We Wish You A Merry Star Wars

To be perfectly honest I laughed more out that jazzy outro than the star wars part. Probably had something to do with juxtaposition. It was so smart but so dumb at the same time. Love it.

sorohanro responds:

I love smart-dumb things, love them... love-hate them...

Vader Bells - Imperial Christmas Vader Bells - Imperial Christmas

I'm going to put this on a mixtape and give it to someone I love <3

sorohanro responds:

Now that's the best compliment a track could get. Thanks.

Xial - Stop, Now Go (Z mix) Xial - Stop, Now Go (Z mix)

Cool ideas! I'll have to go check out the original now but if I may say a few things that might have cleaned things up a little...

-Those cymbals made the mix sound kind of thin. Not that it was a thin mix but those could have been traded for a slimmer, crisper closed hi-hat rhythm. The length of those cymbals kind of takes away attention from the surrounding sounds. Live or not, when I arrange drum rhythms I try to use those long drawn out cymbals for emphasis on the first or last beat... or anywhere I really want to place emphasis. They won't emphasize the entire song though if that's the only cymbal sound you choose to use :)

A lot of the other elements were great though! Keep plugging away at that drum and bass nucka :D

Zambies responds:

Thanks for the critique. I had intended them to be a sort of crash ride and they're layered with regular hats but perhaps the execution was a tad poor. I have plenty of music I'm sitting on right now, some being drum and bass, that will be up sooner or later if you care to follow, and if you're looking for the original it's up on his soundcloud posted in the discription.

JEBBAL - Bonetrousle Remix Teaser / Undertale JEBBAL - Bonetrousle Remix Teaser / Undertale

This right here was some cute tunes jeb. You did the inspiration some good justice, that synth work was right up there with the same general tone and vibe. That kit was nice and fat which was a good break from the first track! Good job keeping your version under a minute. If I had to sit here 15 times longer I'd have probably started to cry about seven minutes in.

The only thing I preferred about the original was the tempo but that's only because I'm a preferential slut for up tempo. Great stuff Jeb 4 president.

Jebbal responds:

Oh boy, thank you Quarl! I plan to rework the synth and come up with a fuller sound for the main beef of the song, this was really just for the purpose of uploading a loop. Actually I'm probably going to restructure this completely so it's more of a remix rather than a remake or cover. Glad you liked what I came up with so far!

It's going to definitely be over a minute, but not 15. Don't worry ;)

Thanks for dropping by to leave some words! I appreciate it!

Lil Bassline Loop Lil Bassline Loop

Oh lover, I see your still making super cute music. I'd fuck to this.

Father-of-Death responds:

lol <3

you better keep making songs man! I've just been making loops like crazy to keep myself producing stuff. Haven't had time or the patience to work on a full song.

Jon Toniq - Real Lemonade Jon Toniq - Real Lemonade

Nice use of effects and stuffs. Makes me wish I had better speakers plugged in, sounds super bass heavy. My only constructive input would be add a few pads in there. Way too often the song goes from full spectrum to full rest in order to emphasize one or two elements. It get's a little repetitive in that respect but as an artist I'd assume your aware of the fact that you could just do whatever the fuck you want. It just felt like there was no lead element.

Aside from that it's a damn cool song. Good job enterprise :)

C-Enterprise responds:

Thank you very much for your nice review! I kind of wanted to have that "high contrast" troughout the song but you're right, at least in the melodic parts some more musicality would make it better.
Thanks again Quari :)

Ambient II Ambient II

Great ambient! I loved that really low piano back there and the drone reminded me of something from Mass Effect. Maybe I'd have had a few more piano hits through out the track to add some more flavor to the drone but over all the track carries a lot of weight for something so simple. Cheers :)

NekoMika responds:

Thanks for the helpful remarks Quarl!~ Quite helpful, <3

dat kick tho dat kick tho

I'd fuck to this.

Sequenced responds:

weiners. look at my longer 1min wip for this

No Smoking No Smoking

lol, slow core. You kids are too hip for me. Great timing for atmospheric rock, I'm just getting back into Explosions In The Sky. This doesn't quite have the same explosive climax that their work features but it was still really good. Not everything needs explosions and climaxes btw.

I'm one of those people that detests fade outs though. And it was just when the guitar was like "I'm here guys! Hold on, let me plug in my amp... wait... where is everyone going??"

SineRider responds:

But Slowcore is from the early 90s maaaan

Thanks for the review Quarl, I may go back and make a better ending. I couldn't figure out a good way to end it so I just did a fade

Arcadium Arcadium

Loved that laid back atmosphere. Really conservative wubs. Forgot you existed LJ. Glad to see your still playing with some tunes. Just looked at the catalog, you've slowed down a lot these last few years but hey; at least this. You doing any other alts, or gigs I should know about?

LJCoffee responds:

no alts - only other gigs are for the man... I'm currently thinking about performing a live-set somewhere - most likely an hour or two of pretty straight-forward house in some little known club somewhere. I'm almost ready though. Thanks for the remarks!